1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get my laptop to display correctly on a plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dcguy, May 11, 2004.

1. dcguy

dcguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 852 x 480 ED plasma monitor (Tatung 46"). When I connect my laptop the image on screen looks stretched. My laptop does NOT have a video monitor resolution setting of 825x480, it only has 800x600 and 1024x768, so I am sure this has something to do with it.

So do I need a special driver or adpater or something to make my laptop screen look somewhat normal on my plasma (at least not artificially stretched looking)? I can't seem to find any Web references to this situation.

My users manual says "When PC signals are input, you can switch between the full screen size and the original signal strength. When video signals are input, you can switch among six screen sizes, including Full, Fill Aspect Ratio, 4:3 to 16:9, LB to 16:9, LB Subtitles to 16:9 and Anamorphic."

It seems to be my screen looks artificially stretched when in this "Full" mode (although I can see everything), but stuff is totally cut off when in "Original" mode.

I am just using a regular D-sub 15 PIN signal line. Would it matter if I was using DVI? Thanks for your help.

2. PC Nut

PC Nut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
  3. dcguy

dcguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where??

4. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What graphics chip do you have in your laptop? If it's a newish chipset, you may be able to add the 852x480 mode using something like Powerstrip
    http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm