How do I get my 50" plasma home?

50 inch plasmas and far too big for most cars , and as mentioned , without the packaging the glass on the screen is easily damaged.

If you dont know anyone with a van that can bring it home for you in the packaging then pay the money and have it delivered.

Lay it flat on your car roof and use a couple of bungy cords to strap it down :thumbsup: .

Seriously though, if you haven't got far to go, you could unpack it and lay it down flat on a duvet/quilt. It's not the best solution and you run a high risk of cracking the screen. Can you call upon the services of a friend who owns an MPV for example?

My dad does have a van, but he is using it tomorrow when I'm picking up the TV! lol! I don;t have to go far with it, so I think I'll risk transporting it unboxed but wrapped up... its only money right :suicide:

A skateboard and some velcro should do it !

:D

Seriously tho..I would keep it upright and consider borrowing a van/estate. Short term pain for long term gain!

Is it a long trip?

Hire a small van from europhire, thrifty, et al for about £20 for 2 hours.

:)

I too have a Subaru Outback. You have no chance with a 50". I got a 42" Fujitsu, upright, into the back seat - it was a very tight fit.

Don't take chances with laying it flat. Hire a van.

Don't downgrade to a 42" you will regret it afterwards.

I got my last 42" in the back of a black cab and with my latest 50" rang around a couple of taxi firms and it cost me £10 for about 7 miles in a 8 seater taxi/van. That was with the box in an upright position.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom