1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get German channels ....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Feersum enjinn, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My girlfriend may be coming to live in the U.K - and also i am learning German myself.

What do i need to do to get the popular German channels? i will be hopefully having SKY soon - do they offer a service to receive German channels?

Sorry i am not new to satellite UK TV - but i know nothing on how to go about getting the German channels ..

For exmaple these are some of the channels i would like to receive :-

sat 1
    rtl
    rtl2
    pro7 aka pro sieben
    arte
    vox
    viva

austria:
    orf1

italian:
    canale 5

Maybe i need to go to another dedicated satellite company, but then will i need two dishes? i hope not :)

Any help VERY appreciated

2. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These are not transmitted from the same satellite as Sky Digital, so you will need another dish, and you should also get a proper satellite receiver as the Digibox isn't great at viewing other channels. Talk to a proper satellite shop, or check out some of the magazines available.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Try Lidl.They do a reciever 80cm dish and lnb for less than £40.
    Point at Astra 19.2E and you'll get RTL,2,VOX,Etc etc etc. Sorted,g/f will be delighted and so will you :blush: .
    Ask the store guys to check in their stockroom for one.If you draw a complete blank let me know as a frequent sat boards and i know some guys bought this on the spur of the moment and it may not suit their needs. :)

4. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds easy enough! thanks ... but two more questions ...

(1) Once i buy the equipment, are the channels then free to air?

(2) Hmm the hard bit is the block of flats is getting a communial dish for sky ........ dman i assume there is no way of getting these channels form it. I mean it will be a bigger dish of course as it to cover 33 flats - but it will be fixed to pick up sky .....

Regards

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Most,but not all.Premiere Movies are encrypted.Decrypying is not really viable, .... unless ;) .

Youv'e confused me (i know it's not difficult), what is a comunal dish and $ly got to do with this? If you are talking about $ly digital then you are talking about the wrong thing.

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Right,have a look Here .Click on the link for 19.2E and this will show what is available.You *may* be confusing with 28.2E.Hope this helps. :)

7. KevB_UK

KevB_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He means there will be 1 dish for the whole block of flats. It will most likely be pointed to 28.2E to receive Sky Digital, so will be of no use in receiving the channel's he is after. There are adapter arms for LNBs (the bits on the end of the dish) which may enable the reception of 19.2E from a large dish pointed at 28.2E. But when I had Sky Digital installed a few years ago the installer tried such an arm and could not get a decent signal, so I ended up with 2 dishes.

Don't suppose there is a way to install your own dish alongside the communal one?