How do I get Full HD sound?

Lil' Joe

Banned
I am about to buy the Sony DAV IS10 but I am now worried that I will not be getting Full HD sound. I bought a duff TV last year and do not want to make a similar mistake. The Sony has these connections and Dolby's:

Dolby™ Pro-Logic
Dolby™ Digital 5.1
DTS™ 5.1

1 x HDMI Connection/s
1 x Component Video Connection/s
1 x Optical Terminal Connection/s
1 x Co-axial Digital Connection/s

I want to get full HD sound. I will be using a PS3 for Blu Ray. Can I get it through the Sony? If not can anyone recommend a system with very small speakers, (as the Sony has) that will do Full HD sound?

Link to Sony info.
http://www.soundandvisiononline.co.uk/moreinfo/index.asp?product_id=13813

welsh-andy

you wont get full HD sound with that.
most popular choices are sony 910 or on onkyo 605 setup, these tend to be best budget options u need 2 add speaker pacage as well, i just bought tannoy efx 5.1 and sony 910 amp

chic

Distinguished Member
And how are they sounding? Were they expensive?

i have the 910 it cost me about £300, although it can be got for about £270 now, i have it paired up with a half decent mordaunt short speaker package which cost me about £700 and have it connected to my ps3 and toshiba hddvd player and the hd audio sounds great. I am veryt happy with the system i have now.

EmArAsOn

I am about to buy the Sony DAV IS10 but I am now worried that I will not be getting Full HD sound. I bought a duff TV last year and do not want to make a similar mistake. The Sony has these connections and Dolby's:

Dolby™ Pro-Logic
Dolby™ Digital 5.1
DTS™ 5.1

1 x HDMI Connection/s
1 x Component Video Connection/s
1 x Optical Terminal Connection/s
1 x Co-axial Digital Connection/s

I want to get full HD sound. I will be using a PS3 for Blu Ray. Can I get it through the Sony? If not can anyone recommend a system with very small speakers, (as the Sony has) that will do Full HD sound?

Link to Sony info.
http://www.soundandvisiononline.co.uk/moreinfo/index.asp?product_id=13813

u can only get full hd sound if u have HDMI in & HDMI out in the unit which is not the case, however, check this out Sony HTSF2000 Slim Home Cinema System it's the new sony blu ray HT for under 350 quid

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom