1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get best quality picture on fujitsu 4242?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MikeH, May 30, 2002.

1. MikeH

MikeH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could use some help.

A month ago I took delivery of a fujitsu 4242 plasma screen. Its got a wide range of inputs - composite, S-Video, component video (5 BNC), VGA, DVI-D.

The guys that supplied it to be also supplied a 'quattro pro' box, which switches between SCART outputs of sky, my dvd & video player.

Unfortunately (My suppliers told me after purchase), the component video slot on the 4242 accepts US format component video only. So at best I can only use the S-video socket on the plasma screen.

I am told that to get a better picture I have to buy a progressive scan converter to sit between the SCART output of the quattro box and the VGA input.

Is this the case? Will my picture be better with a converter? (I'm underwhelmed with S-Video) What are the best progressive scan converter products to buy?

Any help would be appreciated, as at the moment I'm at the mercy of my suppliers

Mike

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    All this sounds a bit strange.

I'm not at all sure that I'd be wanting to use an external video processor of any kind other than a simple VGA convertor as this particular plasma unlike most is actually not a progressive display, it is an interlaced display.

Subject to the views of the experts around here I would have thought that one of the SVideo to RGB convertors would be the way to go. ( www.svideotorgb.com )

BTW, not sure what they mean by 'US format component', does your DVD player offer component outputs ?

Mark

3. JUST BRING IT

JUST BRING IT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Fujitsu PDS4222.

The 5-way input is not a component video input but RGB with Vertical & Horizontal synch.

You can buy an RGB-scart to 5 way RGB (seperate V & H synchs) from Keene electronics I think.

Other option is to buy an RGB scart to VGA converter and connect that way (I think that is the better option - John Sim does one I think).

BTW does anyone know if the Fujitsu 4222 will accept a Prog-scan input - It do have seperate (3 way) component video inputs also.