1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i get 5.1 via my pc

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mojo1080, Aug 9, 2005.

1. mojo1080

mojo1080

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Can some one please tell me how i can get my audigy2, and my 6.1 creative speakers to actually work in Dolby digital 5.1 whislt playing a film on my pc. Is there a certain codec i need, or do I just have to mess with the setup .Also is there any software that will up scale to a HD rez similar to panasonic dvd player which upscales to 720p etc . If someone can help that would be really cool :smashin:

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    as fara s the scaling goes your video card will automatically scale the dvd picture to whaterver reoslution you are using (for example 1280x720). you could also use a post processor called ffdshow (google) to do a better quality scaling job. what dvd player do you use and what is your display device?

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    When you say 'get it working' can you be a little more explicit? :) Are you hearing any audio at all? Which Creative sound system have you got? Are you trying to get the PC to decode the AC3 stream or are you wanting to output digital via the SPDIF connector?

Depending on what you're trying to achieve you may have to set one or two options in the Creative Surround Sound Mixer (at least, that's what it's called with my Audgiy 1 system).

IOW, what isn't working, what have you tried?

Also, what DVD player software are you using? That's important with regards using post-processor such as FFDSHOW.

The more info you can provide about your system and problem the easier it is for others to offer suggestions. :)