1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get 1280*768 on my Sharp GA3?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by docfeelgood, Feb 9, 2005.

1. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

Wonder if you can help me out.

My laptop (Sony Vaio S2XP) can output the above (1280*768) resolution via it's ATI Mobility Radeon 9700.

When I initially connected the laptop it reverted to 1024*768. Now this looks great but is a little stretched (in full mode) and missing a lot (in dot by dot).

It is connected via a VGA to DVI lead.

However, when I set the laptop to 1280*768 the Sharp displays it as a square in the centre of the screen (and very fuzzy picture).

I have tried changing the Input signal on the Sharp to 1280*768 before I make the resolution change on the laptop (which it lets me do even though the laptop is still outputting 1024*768?). This makes no difference.

If I set the laptop res to 1280*768 and then try to change the input signal on the Sharp I can't because it is greyed out!

I have tried autosync - no difference.

Interestingly, when I change from 1024*768 to 1280*768 the Sharp displays a popup stating that the resolution is 1280*1024 at 60hz !

Now I know that the Sharp can display perfectly well at 1280*768... but I'm stumped as to how to achieve this :confused:

Any ideas/comments would be greatly appreciated :)

regards

Doc

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    A lot of people on here have downloaded Powerstrip and used that. There is a thread called 'GA3 Settings' that has the Sharp Powerstrip settings in there.

Richie.

3. docfeelgood

docfeelgood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay... I managed to get my desktop to display 1280*768 after a bit of mucking about in the graphics card options.

However... to my dismay... when I launched Half life 2, with fingers crossed and mouth drooling, the sharp displayed 1280*1024 60hz and displayed as a box in the centre :mad:

When I tried to change the input setting in the sharp menu - it was greyed out.

Blimey... I thought this thing worked as a PC monitor as well!

Quiting the game and going back to the desktop ... the Sharp was back to my preferred 1280*768 again... no problems.

What is going on!?

This should be simple. The game is running at 1280*768, the panel supports this res, so it should pick it up and display it correctly.

I surely shouldn't have to use powerstrip, whatever that may be, as I'm not doing anything that is unsupported.

Can someone help me out here.... before I pull out the little tuft of hair that I have left :)

regards

Doc

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Probably barking up the wrong tree here, but I think that it is difficult to correctly differentiate between a number of display resolutions such as 1280x768 and 1024x768. Im pretty sure that it was in the Sharp manual that I read this. Can't remember what the fix was but it may be possible to force' the display into a known resolution.

Try the bit about input reslutions for PC's.

-Ian

5. Sledge

Sledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to get powerstrip to add the custom resolution of 1368x768 or 1360x768.

Re-run you game config and you should see the new mode. I'm able to play all my fps games at 1368x768 @ 60 hz.

6. garsmi

garsmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys... I have the same laptop and a GA4E and will be doing exactly the same in a few weeks time when the room is finished. I won't be playing games but using the LCD as a screen when working from home!!

I'm not sure if setting the resolution to 1368x768 will be any good as the max resolution on the lappy is 1280x800.

Downloaded Powerstrip ready, just incase... :smashin: