• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do i find out what ram i need??

UKDanny666

Standard Member
exactly what it says in the4 title guys lol.
i have tried orca and critical.com and find nothing i no its ddr2 sdram but do not know what pin or type of ddr 2 it is etc etc.
so any help welcomed, thanks.

ps, it is for a laptop hp pavilion dv9702ea it has 2 gig now but looking to get 4 so if you guys know a cheap place hook me up!:cool:

Boon72

you need laptop ddr2 its called so-dimm when you look on websites and you'll need 2x2048mb to get 4gb (which is the max, but i dont think you will see it all with Vista 32bit )

it doesnt mention on the HP website what speed but normally its just bog standard 533mhz as a pose to the higher 800mhz.

Boon72

you'll find like most laptops there are only 2 slots so at the mo u have 2 x 1gb, so you'll only have 3gb if you take 1 out and add a 2gb.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
If your lappie is less than 1year old it should be 667.

In fact most higher end lappies for years have been running at 667 for a while

I like OCZ Ram, never had an issue with it, and it is cheap at the moment as they just update the range and the older 1gb sticks are being cleared out.

mike_the_tv

Standard Member
exactly what it says in the4 title guys lol.
i have tried orca and critical.com and find nothing i no its ddr2 sdram but do not know what pin or type of ddr 2 it is etc etc.
so any help welcomed, thanks.

ps, it is for a laptop hp pavilion dv9702ea it has 2 gig now but looking to get 4 so if you guys know a cheap place hook me up!:cool:

Try the memory selector at Corsair. It shows a DV9705EA, was DV9702EA a mistype?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom