• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do I convert an flv file to play on an ipod using a mac?

The Spaniard

Hi Guys,

I have an flv. file that I would like to put on my ipod that I play on my mac with vlc. Having done a quick search I saw that videora? was recommended but then realised that this was a windows only application.

Anyone know of an idiot proof application that I can use? the flv file is from youtube if that makes any difference?

Cheers!

The Spaniard

Sorted on the trial version as luckily the clip I wanted to convert was less than 2 minutes. Is there any free software that will do the job like videora as I will only use it very rarely and dont really want to buy :eek:

James.1

Do you have QuickTime Pro? If you install Perian, that will enable QuickTime to play the FLV and you could then use QuickTime Pro to export the FLV to an iPod compatible format.

AceAceBaby

You could try iSquint, from the makers of VisualHub- it might convert the file you want. I've used it a fair bit, but just yesterday gave in and bought VisualHub to convert some old avi files.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom