1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I connect up.....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Chriswc, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Chriswc

Chriswc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Newbie with little experience in this area but want to get the best out of my kit.
    Have got mainly Panasonic kit - TX32PG50/830B SVHS recorder/Sky Digital/X-Box and the SCHT 1500 being delivered on Weds.
    Question - how do I connect it all up to get the best out of it?
    What leads do I need?
    Apologies for the naive questions but when i got the tv, my wife nearly left me and the kids left home! :thumbsup:

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Without knowing the interconnects on your system it's a little hard to say but I'd guess that if you have a couple of RGB enabled SCARTS on your TV then connect the SKY Digital to one and the SCHT 1500 to the other (unless your TV has component in, in which utilise this for your SCHT 1500).

The X-Box can be connected a number of different ways (dependent on which after-market cables you've purchased, if any), the VCR is probably best connected via the 2nd SCART on your SKY DigiBox.

HTH

ALI

3. Chriswc

Chriswc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: Thanks Ali.
    The manual says not to connect up to a crt with prog scan as flickering will occur so will connect up via scart.
    Am setting up tonight....will let you know how I am getting on later.
    P.S. judging by the vast number of confused souls posting similiar questions for other systems, you would have thought that the manufacturers would have got together and set up a helpline/website with real time advice and help in order to get the best out of the kit.
    Just an idea.............

4. Car man sleeps

Car man sleeps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to record Sky on video, wouldn't you need to connect the VCR between the Sky and the TV?

Car Man

5. Chriswc

Chriswc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wired up the kit as instructed but not all of it works!
    Done AV1 on tv to SCHT, and Sky to Scht all by scart.
    Can get sky through in full surround sound which is great, Dolby Pro Logic 2, but cannot control the channel changeover or volume control from 1 remote.
    Also can only watch what I record on the HDD and not another channel.
    Need to go through it all again tonight before I even consider connecting up my video.
    By the way, the instructions are c*@p!