How do i connect satellite cables to samsung tv

BetzWean

Standard Member
Reaction score
How do i connect satellite cables to samsung tv it's a UE55JU 700....
Cables from satellite dish are double
& tv has a satellite sub & satellite main {which is slightly longer }
BUT both are verrry close together & proving difficult to attach both

Am I doing something wrong ???
Huge thanks in advance for any help received

You need connect only one, but what are the two sockets?:(

Mine has two sat connections. This is common practice for sets or boxes with two sat tuners enabling one tonrecord one prog and record any other. If that wasn't a joke question, connect both cables to the set, But if you chose only one, then connect it to sat main.

As one is input socket is longer than the other you need to make some slack in the cable by peeling the two cables apart along the join of the two shotgun aka fig of 8 cable. I'd say about 6 inches (150 mm in them new fangled SI measurement units) to give enough slack to make it easier. This will allow one to be inserted into main and screwed in and the excess to be looped around and back to fit more readily. Especially if decent WF100 cable rather than the thin WF65.

I have a similar issue on my caravan WF100 shotgun cable where it is tricky to fit both into the sockets with push-on connectors.

My dad had a Samsung LCD and noticed the sat in connection port is unbelievably close to the aerial in, so much so I had to fit a lesser quality f-connector with a smaller nut dimensions.

You only connect one not both I or has the TV got 2 f connector port's ? , what model is it ?

UE55JU 700...

H
You need connect only one, but what are the two sockets?:(

I've added 2 pictures of sockets

H
Mine has two sat connections. This is common practice for sets or boxes with two sat tuners enabling one tonrecord one prog and record any other. If that wasn't a joke question, connect both cables to the set, But if you chose only one, then connect it to sat main.

I'd prefer to connect both
but as you'll see from picts
their both close which some may say is normal BUT trying to turn to tighten or loosen even is proving extremely difficult ....
was even wondering IF theres a tool I could make purchase to do so ...

As one is input socket is longer than the other you need to make some slack in the cable by peeling the two cables apart along the join of the two shotgun aka fig of 8 cable. I'd say about 6 inches (150 mm in them new fangled SI measurement units) to give enough slack to make it easier. This will allow one to be inserted into main and screwed in and the excess to be looped around and back to fit more readily. Especially if decent WF100 cable rather than the thin WF65.

I have a similar issue on my caravan WF100 shotgun cable where it is tricky to fit both into the sockets with push-on connectors.

I'll get pict in morning of cables
but they are already separate & still difficult to fit
as sockets are of what's maybe a normal distance BUT re that have to turn to tighten or loosen i feeel their not far enough apart
I've added picts of sockets

UE55JU 700...

Hi all forgot to add into my replies
HUGE thanks for all your replys ....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1482716379852.jpg
    FB_IMG_1482716379852.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4,720
  • FB_IMG_1482716384576.jpg
    FB_IMG_1482716384576.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 4,107
Last edited:
To my surprise I find that my TV also has the two sockets!
Surely it doesn't have two tuners though!

Those sockets ... I had found a what hifi review with a photo ... seem perfectly normally spaced to me. Yes awkward to fit, I find a push in wiggle of the cable allows the nut to turn a bit and repeat. Probably a right pain if you have mounted TV on a bracket close to a wall. More so if you have big hands and fat fingers!

Can you ger someone else to try fitting them for you. There are special tools .... Search for F plug spanner ... But the wiggle and tighten, wiggle and tighten method may do a good enougb job? See if someone else can do it?

I use push on F types. No problems.
@logi.
Two connectors=two tuners. But only useful if you hang a usb hdd off it ti record
With normal F types, put the cable on the shorter socket first.

Last edited:
So my TV must have two satellite tuners, though the manual doesn't actually say so.
It says to connect the two inputs and then to use either a multi switch or DiSeqC switch.
It records adequately with only one connection though.
Not that I've tried recording one while watching another.

Last edited:
The push on F type connectors sound good ...
as I'm guessing they'd very much solve my issue

THESE are the ones that I use. Other suppliers are available. In fact I use these anywhere I might have to swap a screw on F connector (only indoors of course). The purists might argue that they are not as good as screwing the F on, but they work for me OK.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Bought the f type connectors
& unfortunately don't solve issue ....
as turns out wrong type
as opposite end is like an ordinary arial type connector

my next choice is to purchase the wee spanner & hopefully attach satellite cable to connections in rear of tv for freesat ...

And think about the aggro when you want to move the TV:rotfl:
Screwing them might be better, but nearly impossible on a Samsung TV (or at least, verry fiddly, especially if the set is not fully accessible from the back) as the two sat sockets and the terrestrial sockets are so close together and sat sockets are different lengths. Get a bag of the correct push on ones, you won't regret the £3.75 for 10 outlay especially if you want to move the TV as already mentioned.
eBay link

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
...an old thread I know but it seems to be exactly on what I wanted to ask!

I noticed that my recent purchase of the 50"MU6120 also has a socket at the back (the top socket), like the one pictured below, and just wondered what it was for?

upload_2018-3-16_13-0-16.png

I know it says 'satellite' but is this for a satellite/cable service like Sky or Virgin Media (what would be the point as both SKy and Virgin boxes connect via HDMI to the TV) or something entirely different?

Its for utilising the satellite tuner in the TV. My Samsung has Freesat in-built, but its only really useful if you don't have a separate Sky or Freesat box connected by HDMI. I would suggest the majority of people don't utilise these connections on the TV and I agree with the OP that the satellite tuners are incredibly fiddly to connect on Samsung TVs.

I agree with the OP that the satellite tuners are incredibly fiddly to connect on Samsung TVs.
I have a Samsung TV with two sat tuners and don't find it at all dfifficult to connect the feeders to it. You can make life even more easy by using THESE

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom