How do I connect Samsung 4K via connect box to Denon AV receiver

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mr Corfield63, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Mr Corfield63

Mr Corfield63
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to this and this is my 1st thread.
    Just purchased a Samsung UE48JU7500 TV with a 'one Connect' cable box.

Can anyone tell me the best way of connecting my BluRay player & Sky box (which normally are plugged directly into the Amp) to my Denon amp via the 'One Connect'box which was supplied with the TV so that when switching the TV on it will connect immediately to Sky TV? On my previous TV, all I did was connect the ARC cable from the HDMI socket on the TV into the AV Amp. Now with the new 'One connect' box the ARC lead has to be connected from the 'One Connect' box into the Amp (instead of from the TV)?

At the moment this is giving me a headache because every time I turn of the TV & Sky I'm having to 'jump through hoops' just to watch a channel! Has any body else had a similar problem with the 'One connect'box???

Cheers and fingers crossed
    Mr Corfield63

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    HDMI CEC is the control layer which is causing you grief.

Due to the way it is/can be implemented by each hardware vendor some combinations of kit don't play nice.

Lots of folk hit problems with Samsung due to the way the TV assumes certain things on its CEC (Anynet) signalling bus - you can get all 'geeky' and install a device which allows you to edit the CEC signals using a PC or potentially disable CEC and invest in a programmable remote (Harmony or similar).

Joe