How do I connect my xbox to my cable modem?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tony kop77, Nov 26, 2003.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    I have just bought an xbox and would like to know the best way to connect to broadband please.
    I have an NTL cable modem connected to my PC via ehternet what is the best way to connect the xbox to the modem.
    NTL are doing a deal where pay £5 extra and they will give me an extra OSP address so I can use the PC and xbox at the same time. NTL will also offer discount on games up to £10 off new releases and offer 3 issues of the offical xbox magazine.

2. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just unplug modem from pc then plug into xbox.. i`m with nthell to.. thing is i have to unplug as i have no more sockets to plug everthing in... i need 4 for xbox tv amp subwoofer.. then pc modem, monitor,sound+sub for pc.. so the eleccy would love me if i had all thoughs plugged in.. if i`m on pc then go to xbox i have to turn modem off then on again..must be something to do with ip addy i think.. hope some of that helps.

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +931
    I use a router. I plug the cable modem into the router and the the pc, laptop and xbox in to the router

4. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    I was not sure if I could just unplug the ethernet lead from the PC when not in use and just connect my xbox ethernet instead. I thought I had to pay the £5 because apprantly I have to register the xboxs MAC address with NTL.