How do I connect my Sony DAV DZ-260 to my Infocus Litepro 580?

jackrmee

Standard Member
I have tried using a scart to s video lead but the picture is black and white and fuzzy.
When I plug my sky box into the s video port it works fine.

The yellow video port (RCA I think) is possibly broken as I can't get a picture on my ps3 anymore which used this port so am I stuck with only the s video option?

Thanks

StevieBuck

You need to input an s-video signal to the s-video connection before it will work correctly. According to the manual for the DAV-DZ260, it can only output ‘composite’ or ‘RGB’ video signals from the scart connection – not s-video.

Composite video is the video signal type transferred over the yellow RCA connector by the way.

The simplest way of connecting it up would be to use a scart to composite adapter/cable. If the composite input is definitely broken, you would need to get some sort of video signal converter to convert the composite or RGB video output from the scart to s-video.

The Sky box must be able to output s-video signals over scart if you are using the adaptor with that. Or are you using a direct s-video to s-video connection there?

Are you 100% sure that the composite input is broken? Did you try resetting the video output on the PS3 to make sure? Or even try another device with composite out?

jackrmee

Standard Member
Thanks for that. It's very helpful.

Yes the sky box is s vid to s vid. So that's why it's ok.

I'll try again with the RCA connector.

Thanks again.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
My advice would be to save up and get a proper home cinema PJ an amp/receiver and decent speakers and do the job properly:D.

jackrmee

Standard Member
My advice would be to save up and get a proper home cinema PJ an amp/receiver and decent speakers and do the job properly:D.
Yes, the projector is just a stop gap to be honest, but I though the Sony Surround set was ok. What do you recommend? Upgrading the speakers or getting rid of the whole system?

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
For a start you will have a lot more connection options, the reciever can process the sound better and when you do want to upgrade you dont have to buy the lot. You can either upgrade the amp or the speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom