How do i connect my 'brain' to my screen?

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by kipreos, Oct 16, 2004.

1. kipreos

kipreos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Pioneer AVD W8000 that comes with a basic control box and also a Pioneer AVM P7000R AV Master unit. There's the main out put plug on the master that says 'To Front Monitor/TV Tuner. It's a male connector, so i get the lead supplied and plug in the female end, the other end of the lead is male, but the W8000 screen's control box has a male plug too, so obviously i cant plug the lead in, i cant plug the master unit directly into the monitor because that also has a male connector.

I tried using the Video output on the master unit which is a standard plug (the kind u find on a PS2, video etc) into the screens Video Input plug, the screen flickered for a moment but remained blank, which suggests that everything has power. Did it flicker and stay off because i was using a phono lead rather than a video lead? I would of thought they were the same thing though. I do know the screen works because i have had a PS2 running on it directly through it's control box.

I have looked online for a female to female conection but no joy. Is there something I'm missing, any help would be great and save me a trip to my local Pioneer dealer which unfortunately happens to be Halfords!

2. blackrainbowVI

blackrainbowVI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ise dellia bello kipreos :laugh:

3. kipreos

kipreos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: