How do I connect KRK Rokit speakers to Denon RCD-M41 amp?

redissue

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - new to this forum and after some advice.

I've currently got a Denon amp as in title cabled up to some floorstanding speakers. One of the optical in ports is used for the TV.

EL_rcdm41dab_ek_bk_re.png

I have just bought some KRK Rokit 5s....

preview_1.jpg

and am in need of advice what cabling I need to connect the new speakers to the amp. I think I need something with speaker cables on one end(the amp), but which is the better/simplest option at the other end? Are there options for them all (RCA/TRS/XLR) or does one lend itself better to what I'm trying to do?

Is it possible to use the 'sub woofer' out port from the amp to achieve what I need, or is that a non starter/daft Q?

Much love and gratitude for any helpful advice provided.

I'm due to take delivery of the new speakers this evening/tomorrow - I guess the simplified question is how do I connect the amp with speaker cable screw fittings to the speakers with the RCA/TRS/XLR options - is it possible to make a direct connection? If so, what cables do I need to buy? Is it possible from the subwoofer out, or not?

Sorry if this is a daft/basic question, my AV knowledge is likely much lower than most on here!

Thanks in advance of help or advice received.

You need an AV Amp/Processor with Front Left and Right Pre-Outs as the Rokits are active speakers with their own built-in amplification. Your Denon doesn't have those unfortunately.

Uh oh, that's not good. There's no way of making them compatible?

Looks like I might be selling the Rokits if that's the case :(

Uh oh, that's not good. There's no way of making them compatible?

Looks like I might be selling the Rokits if that's the case :(

Not that I know of. There may well some bit of kit in the Pro world that can do it but that would mean extra outlay.

Are you able to return them for a refund?

Are you looking to use the floorstanders at the same time or replace them? If replacing then you could use the headphone output of the Denon to feed the Rockits potentially?

Otherwise you’d need a speaker to line level converter - normally these are for car audio and no idea what impact they might have on sound quality (probably need a 12v power supply for them too).

Thanks so much for the replies/help. Been out to collect them this evening (Ebay purchase so felt obliged to go through with it and not mess the seller around).

It was my intent to replace the floor standing speakers, that is a great idea re: headphone output, hadn't even occurred to me. I'll give it a try and update with results.

Cheers

Just an update to this and for anyone else looking for similar.

The headphone out solution works perfectly. 3.5mm jack to a split RCA cable does the job with no loss of sound quality.

Thanks very much for the replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom