1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I connect Epson TW10H projector to sky?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ewan, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    My Epson TW10H projector came today :clap: Just wondering how I do I connect the projector up to sky?

2. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I use a scart to composite video + stereo audio lead and simply run a 10m phono lead around the room from the composite video out (yellow) to the TW10H input.

I'm currently using the second scart connection on the digibox for this so I don't have to keep changing leads.

3. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But the picture quality will be poor really over composite. What you need to do is either get a long enough scart to RBGs cable or get a long enough scart to scart cable and use the scart to RGBs adapter included. It'll be well worth the improvement in picture quality I assure you!!

4. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ewan - where did you buy from in the end and how were they to deal with?

5. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    But then I'd have to keep switching cable when I wanted to use the inputs for component DVD. At the end of the day there is only so many things/ways to connect up at once. For me DVD quality is the priority and the convenience of instant TV via composite is acceptable. I started by switching leads each time but after a while it puts you off even putting the PJ on.

Regards
    Pip

6. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

@charlaph- I bought the pj from dabs.com. There were very good.

I only really only want to connect the pj up to sky for special football games. I don't want it connected all the time.

7. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pip. That's when it's handy to have an AV receiver that handles component switching.

Ewan. If it's purely for Sky, go for the Scart->RGBs cable as above. It's not the cheapest but it's worth it.

8. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've just bought a receiver with component switching but I can't feed an RGB signal into it can I?
    Can I?

9. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some reports say yes, you can. I think it may depend on the exact model. Woth a try though, eh?

You just plug the red, green and blue jacks into the component jacks on the receiver and the sync required for sky (RGBs) should just plug into the composite video. That should do you. Someone on here as already confirmed that works for him. The only thing is, you'll have to go into the menu on the TW10H each time you switch and change the input type from component to RGB and back each time. It really is worth it though as that only takes seconds to do.

10. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    It was me, & it is still working a treat :)
    Delh68

11. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was. I haven't tried with mine yet but I don't have a spare lead to do it with.

12. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sounds like it's worth a try - guess it will depend on whether the amp will accept it (Yamaha). Of course, it means I'll have to give up RGB on TV, which is where most of our Sky viewing is done.

13. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why will you have to give up RGB from sky? You're not getting that now anyway if you're using composite only. What Yamaha do you have? I have the RX-V650 so either way, if mine works, yours should too. I'll see if I can 'borrow' a cable to test with.

14. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Meant I would have to give up connecting TV to sky using RGB if I used the RGB scart to connect to the amp. Just bought the RX-550, seems to have direct input as well which I didn't expect!

15. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the RX-V550 is pretty much the same as mine so they'll behave the same (one would assume). It'll be interesting to know if it works or not.

16. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    I tried putting sky to the pj last night. It worked fine expect that there was no sound. I connected the sky to the pj via scart.

Any ideas what could be wrong :confused:

17. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Only video comes from the component & composite ports from the back of the Epson.
    U have to connect audio leads from Sky box to your Amp for sound, or connect audio cables to the back of the epson, & use the internal 1W audio :eek:

Delh

18. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the speaker in the pj is only good for things such as presentations from a powerpoint slideshow or something. You will need to run the audio through an amp.

19. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    Thanks for the replies :) Sorry for taking so long in answering-but I have been very busy watching DVD's on my new pj :)