How do i connect AV receiver, PS4 & Turtle beach?

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by phillh79, Jan 30, 2014.

1. phillh79

phillh79
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Topic title says it all.

System details:
    Onkyo TX NR 515,
    Turtle beach P11
    PS4.

Think I have every optical, audio and HDMI cable under the sun so just need a little bit of help to say what should go where and what settings to use.

Cheers!

2. phillh79

phillh79
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been playing around and seem to have something that works. Diagram shows PS3 but also works for PS4 but I just have to change which console the USB cable is plugged into.

I've not been able to get the game sounds in my headphones yet, just chat audio but I think that's to do with the individual console settings which is where I need the help.

I have a PS3 AV cable but PS4 doesn't have a port for that so could still do with some advice there if anyone has any insight.

PS3 AV reciever Turtle beach.jpg

3. darkmast3r

darkmast3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    This is what I do on my ear force shadow headset :

USB goes to one of the PS4 USB sockets on the front. The jack where is say's it goes into the RCA Splitter goes into the bottom of your game pad. then do the following :

-Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Output to Headphones
    Select “Chat Audio”.
    -Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format(Priority)
    Select “Linear PCM”
    -If your chat volume is either too loud or too soft:
    Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Headsets and Headphones > Volume Control (Headphones) and change the audio level to your liking.