How do I change the Bass/Treble at the Pioneer VSX 922

M

mvd

Dear forumers,

I have bought a week ago the new Pioneer VSX 922.

The settings I can do of this receiver are very confusing. Way to much to setup... And a simple thing I wanna change when I am using DTS or other surround settings like TV Surround I cannot change the Bass and or Treble.

This is very frustrating ! The iPad says you are in Listening modes but I am not able the switch when I am in a certain surround mode.

Yesterday I was able to change the bass and treble and my sound was much better.

Some other note : I am using the Pioneer with the binair setup (so I double connected the front speakers) so it is in 5.1 mode. I don't have a subwoofer because I never needed before (the frontspeakers are having enough bass) but now they are not...

Can anyone help? I read the manual but can't find anywhere where I can switch of Listening mode...

The Pioneer's tone (treble and bass) controls are only applicable in stereo modes. In surround sound modes you need independent control of these filters to compensate for the properties of the individual speakers and room's behaviour. The feature is called MCACC, and chapter 11 of the manual is devoted to it.

Listening modes are discussed in chapter 6. They cannot be switched off as such, except by turning the receiver off, as they say how the sound is to be emitted.

Hi mark,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am gonna read that part of the manual :)

Kind regards,

Martijn

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom