1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I change default settings to "16:9" for Loewe Mimo?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chrisjoanne, Nov 20, 2003.

1. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just spoken to a chap from Loewe headoffice and he says if I want to change the default settings for the picture shape to 16:9 I must go through the engineer service menu. ie get someone out.
    I'm sure this has been brought up before but I can't find it anywhere - How do I get into the menu and how do I change the default to 16:9
    Also, do other Mimo users change the default or are there happy to watch a 4:3 broadcast on their 32" Tv?
    If a program is then broadcast in widescreen, it'll switch to 16:9
    I still can't decide if this is good or bad. If the program isn't broadcast in widescreen I suppose it should'nt be shown in widescreen !
    This is my only "fault" to date - but like the guy said - it can be changed so I'm still very happy with the Tv

Chris

2. lewden

lewden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like watching all broadcasts in the aspect ration they should be shown in, so I leave the AMD setting to on and I let the loewe do the work. Its never caused me a problem - the resizing is very smooth and subtle in my eyes. The thought of watching 4:3 in 16:9 doesn't appeal.

3. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    To my eyes watching 4:3 material stretched to 16:9 looks very odd. I find the resized "Pan" option to be a good compromise so i just leave the set in this mode. It will then switch to 16:9 when it needs to.

4. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like to leave the set in 4:3 and it them switchs to 16:9 when it needs to.

Bazza