How do I burn in my Panasonic TX-P50V10

hdtvgeek

Standard Member
Hi chaps.

I have searched for this already, but I can't seem to find anything of relevance so I am hoping you can help me out.

I am about to purchase the V10 and have it calibrated. Now as I have been informed on here I should burn in before having it calibrated. Is there any Bluray/DVD software or should I just watch the tv in lower settings, if so what settings:lesson:. I know it takes around 200hrs:confused:.

Thanks in advance chaps, always very helpful:)

hdtvgeek

Standard Member
Does anyone else have any opinions on this, thank you:)

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Put it in thx and just use as normal and i would'ent bother with calibration on that type of tv,waste of money.;)

E9 Smooth

As above, it wouldnt make the picture any better. You wont need to burn in the V10. :)

hdtvgeek

Standard Member
Thanks for the info so far chaps, looking for more opinions...:)

mudstuff

Bumping this. Also appreciate more opinions. Never had a plasma before and would like to do the run in just in case.

I found some images to put on an SD and then run as a slideshow - would this need to be done at half contrast and brightness?

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Can't see your point in bumping this,the guys that have answered the question know there stuff.
Basically if you buy a panasonic just use it as a normal tv and beware of having logos or game huds for more than 2-3 hours and mix up your viewing.:thumbsup:

Killswitch 73

i would agree with other guys..waiting on delivery for the 50v10 myself...

and i would say just use THX mode ...and with static images and black bars just use zoom1 ..to get rid of static images and black bars for first 100-200 hours ..

as thats all im going to do ...

please dont bother paying for it to be calibrated....this tv doesnt need to be ..THX mode is already calibrated ..

:thumbsup:

mudstuff

Cheers guys, spoke to a guy in my local independent who said the same, just nice to have a few opinions. I'll (obviously) use THX mostly and be wary for the first couple of hundred hours.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom