1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn DixX/Xvid files to CD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chunkymunky, Aug 27, 2004.

1. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know how to burn DivX or Xvid files to CD using Nero? I've just taken delivery of a Philips DVP630 and want to play some of my films currently stored on my PC without first having to convert them to DVD. I want to use Nero Burning ROM but have no idea what settings to use to make these films playable on my DVD player.

Can anybody help please!

2. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    From what you have said I assume you cant view them on your pc just now either. Is this the case? If so, I would think you dont have the correct codecs installed on your pc. Im not great on this subject either but codecs are a patch added on to a media player to help view all the different types of media file available these days. It is a bit of a minefield these days finding out which codecs you need cause there are thousands. I assume your using windows xp and media player xp series 9. Therefore I think the codecs you need will be available from the microsoft website.
    Once you have done this it is a simple case of burning the disk as normal with Nero like any other data file you would burn.

As for viewing them on your DVD player via a cd. I think you will need to convert them to basic video disc files and view them that way again these programmes for converting the different files are easily available and you should find what you need athttp://www.downloads.com

3. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The films play fine on my PC through DivX player. The DVD player I've bought supposedly supports DivX and Xvid but when I try and burn the file to a disc the result is a blurred and colourful mess although sound works fine. Wasted 3 discs now using different settings in Nero but cannot get to play. The file is xvid and plays perfectly on my PC.

Does anybody know whether or not the Philips DVP630 is compatible with the xvid Codec?

4. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted! Changed the picture setting to NTSC and voila perfect picture and sound. What a player this Philips is and for less than seventy quid as well.

Couldn't rate it high enough and will save a fortune on DVD-R - never mind time.

5. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    all's well that ends well! :smoke:

6. stuartsjg

stuartsjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What way do they have to be stored on the CD?

I have tried putting the DivX Files on to a disk and making it in the same way as i would a Data CD.

Nothing seams to play. Is there something else i need to put on the disk or do i need to put the DivX files in a named folder or something?

Thanks for any help,
    Stuart.

7. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271