Answered How do I burn an Mpeg to play on a DVD player

barrowfordred

Standard Member
Reaction score
As per title. I did this easily last year using Windows Movie Maker but I'm buggered if I can do it again. Every DVD I burn gets the message "no disc" when I put it into my DVD player.

I've tried using Any Video Creator, I've chosen "DVD video PAL Movie" as the output to burn to DVD.
The DVD has an Audio_TS & Video_TS file yet still doesn't play, yet it plays on my PC & Laptop.
I've tried another DVD player with the same result.

Any Ideas? How do I get an MP4 or Mpeg2 or any other format onto a DVD to play on a standard DVD player so I can watch it on the telly?

You need a DVD authoring package.

Try DVDFlick

DVD Flick

DVD doesn't support mpeg4 so the package will have to recode to mpeg2.

You might have to try other brands of blank DVD's some players can be very fussy, others won't play any of them (requires a higher power laser than commercial DVD's).

Thanks Graham. I've tried DVD Flick, I'm at work so I'll see if it works when I get home. I've given a copy to someone to try on their player to see if that works.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
DVD Flick did the trick. Plays on my DVD player, here's hoping it plays on my Mum & Dad's. I've done a compilation video with pictures & backing music of my motorcycle trip around Europe this summer. It's the only way they can see the videos & pictures other than on my iPad.

Well that worked for a while, won't play on my parents DVD. I guess the next resort is Verbatim blank DVDs

You need a DVD authoring package.

Try DVDFlick

DVD Flick

DVD doesn't support mpeg4 so the package will have to recode to mpeg2.

You might have to try other brands of blank DVD's some players can be very fussy, others won't play any of them (requires a higher power laser than commercial DVD's).
I want to burn a dvd for kids birthday party. Does this gadget still work?

Anybody here? Maybe I need to post a new thread.
I searched on youtube and found some app video demos like youtube converter which promise to download online video, convert video, burn dvd, even allows to edit video before burning. But there are a lot of similar ones, any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I want to burn a dvd for kids birthday party. Does this gadget still work?

DVD Flick is software not hardware. Yes it will still work the DVD-Video spec is old and hasn't changed for years. Without knowing what format the source video is can't really help other than pointing out the DVD flick website details suitable source formats.

Thank you very much. I will check the website details. Hope it could help.

There is a list of alternatives here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom