How do I attach a Compaq Presario C757EA Media Center Notebook PC to a TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cooky44, Feb 11, 2009.

1. cooky44

cooky44
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have searched everywhere and there is conflicting info. I apolgise if I am posting to the wrong forum. I have a Compaq Presario C757EA Media Center Notebook PC which has an S Video Output. The TV I have is a Ferguson 28" Flat-screen CRT TV with built-in freeview Model No: FTV28DFW5. I know that this does not have an S Video out but does have a scart. I have uploaded the file for this, Could someone please help me with:
    1) What cable do I need - I only want to watch DVD's that I have on my hard disk and maybe look at the internet
    2) Where can I purchase this from in the UK.

Thanks

Cooky :clap:

Attached Files:

2. Simon Kemp

Simon Kemp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Dear Cooky44,
    For about £4 - £5 in most electronics stores, or larger Tesco branches, one can buy an S-VHS (And Left/Right Audio) to SCART adapter - with a directonal In/Out switch included.
    Simply plug this into the TV set and then run your S-VHS Lead (and audio as well - your computer should output at least stereo) from PC to adapter. It's as easy as that.
    Let me know if you still have problems and I'lldo my best to help.
    You may need to make the TV set your primary monitor in relation to your PC for this to work.
    Best regards,
    Simon Kemp
    S. KEMP

3. yetanotherbob

yetanotherbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009