How do I archive thompson sky+ files

bazzybabes

Standard Member
Reaction score
My sky+ hd box has finally given up the goat and I can now only receive one signal. It is not the dish which is at fault, as I have replaced my sky box with a humax foxsat and on this I have a signal on both inputs.

I am going to cancel my sky subscription and buy another humax foxsat (making two).

Before I do this, I want to recover the recorded files off my faulty sky box. It is playing recordings alright at the moment.

Could someone tell me how to do this please?

You will have to archive them off to a recorder that has a scart input that it will record from such as DVD/HDD recorder. Archiving is done in real time - i.e a one hour long recording will take one hour to archive to the recorder.

You'll need to copy them by a Scart connection to a DVD or VHS recorder.

Thanks to davemurgatroyd and logiciel for your quick replies; and also for moving me to the correct forum! :D

Is this operation time critical? Do I have to do this transfer before my sky subscription expires?

Is this operation time critical? Do I have to do this transfer before my sky subscription expires?

Once your subscription expires you will lose access to all subscription channels (including any planner recordings of subscription material) and also Sky+ functionality - so the ability to play back anything recorded in the planner, subscription or free.

what if the box is being transferred to a different room?

will you lose whats stored... ie will it be a new "subscription"? :oops:

How would the box know you had moved it to a different room? It doesn't have a GPS built into it.

will you lose whats stored... ie will it be a new "subscription"? :oops:

More details please - are you getting another HD box and relegating this box to a secondary multiroom box? If so what is the new box - a standard or 1TB box?

More details please - are you getting another HD box and relegating this box to a secondary multiroom box? If so what is the new box - a standard or 1TB box?

Have a sky+ box moving from main room to second room....

Have purchased a Thomson HD box (1TB HDD) for main room.... (am planning to sell the Amstrand HD box that Sky are giving me - which will be registered for the main room)

Last edited:
If you're paying for multiroom then you have no problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom