How do I adjust geometry on my Sony KV32FS120?

T

TM2Rampage

Okay, so from day one my tv has had poor geometry.

I filed a request on the Sony site and a repairman came over after a couple of weeks.

He plugged a device into the TV which made a grid appear on the TV and allowed him access to a ton of features for adjusting the TV's geometry settings similar to those on a computer monitor.

Normally, though, the only thing I can do to adjust the geometry is the tilt/rotation.

I need to readjust the settings because the repairman overdid it a little and things in videogames are cut off.

Is there any way to "hack" the TV and adjust the geometry settings? The man accused me of fooling around with my TV by gaining access to some "codes"... hah, I would now like to learn more.

T

TM2Rampage

Hrum, that would be my last resort, but it'd really be nice to be able to adjust it anytime I want and to my liking.

DRGL

Standard Member
Geometry on a modern set isn't just a matter of changing some settings-you needa cross hatch gernerator etc.A setting in one mode may be off in a another.Certainly NOT a job for anyone un-familiar with gerneral CRT setup.

T

TM2Rampage

Indeed... but I don't think you need a cross-hatch for fitting an image against all four sides of the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom