How do I adjust audio delay....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jetfitzmaurice, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jetfitzmaurice

jetfitzmaurice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I just got a Denon AVR1907 under the tree :thumbsup: I've used the auto set up with the mic and it sounds great but I do seem to have some lip sync issues ( as i did with my old amp, marantz sr4200) however i notice the Denon has "Audio Delay Function (0 - 200msec.) Audio delay function corrects slight lags between sound and picture that can occur when a video signal is processed, such as in a Progressive Scan DVD player or outboard video processor." How do i adjust this? does anyone know, I've looked through the manual so many times, I'm either blind, stupid or both :( hope you guys can help

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,041
    Hi

It's in the main setup menu. You need to go into Video Setup, Audio Delay then make the relevant adjustment. Make sure you're on the Input that you want to adjust(e.g DVD) before you press the button to get the menu up.

3. Tsunami

Tsunami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You should also be able to do it from the remote (from memory) you press the down arrow (or the up if down doesn't do it!) & the digi display will show the delay you can then press left or right to adjust the sync & press ok. This way you can alter the sync while looking at the picture.

4. jetfitzmaurice

jetfitzmaurice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks peeps, all sorted :smashin: hope you have a great new years