1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I add a third digibox?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by steve 111, Dec 28, 2003.

1. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've currently got Sky + in the lounge and my original Digibox in my TV room. At present i'm running my TV in the bedroom off a 'Eye', but would rather just add another digibox. What would be the best way to do this?

2. chilpillphil

chilpillphil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for £150 inc installation sky will provide a pace mini box, only has one scart, no rgb output, and no photo audio sockets

extra subscribtion will cost £10 per month,

search the net on www.sky.com

or if you wanna buy one there cheap at the momnet, or you can buy a panasonic 31 - off my for £60

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3067576688&category=29784

for an image.

then you just ran a cable from you LNB to the new box, and ring sky for a viewing card, that will be cheaper and you will get a better box than the minibox.

its your choise, obviously

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Steve111, buy Sky+, they'll install the quad LNB - you need a 'wire' from dish to each box. Most systems have dual LNBs on the dish - 2 outputs for 2 boxes. A quad LNB has 4. Sky + uses 2. I imagine you've only 2 eyes, so you will struggle to watch more than one program at once. You can watch 1 record another, & a 2nd person can watch on 1 of your other 2 boxes. If you keep the link you'll still have 4 viewing locations, 2 independant boxes, +, allowing you to recor, watch at once. Sky + is great, its got my viewing to 20 hrs a day, after this I'm struggling to find anything to watch. I've got some DVDs for christmas though. If it doesn't improve I'll be watching some old videos!

4. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Gosh I should read the post before replying!!!!!!!