• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do I access files on my HCPC?

redmax

Established Member
Hi

I have recently built and installed my HCPC.
My PS3 has seen the pc because I now have a Windows media player logo in the video, music and photos sections.
However when I go into the folders they are all empty.

I have loaded all media into the library in Windows Media Player on the HCPC so what am I doing wrong.

I was kinda hoping I could access the files from the PS3.

Any help please?

Jonesey

Established Member
i seem to remember something about having to set it to sharing on the pc, have you done that in the media folder when the icon appears?

redmax

Established Member
Hi Jonesy

Just to clarify:

Theere aren't actually and media files on the HCPC.
The music, video photos are all held on another PC in the house.

The Windows Media icon labelled "HCPC" is on the PS3 in the photos, music and video folders but they are all empty.

How do I access the files from the PS3?

fizl

Prominent Member
Are you trying to use the PC as an intermediary and the files are actually somewhere else?

just trying to clarify, as its all twisted in my head!

Shaz

redmax

Established Member
TBH I just want to know why the icon has appeared on the PS£ menus.

I would like to access files held on my server and stream them to the PS3 if possible.
How do I do that?

I can't understand why the PS3 only sees my HCPC and not my other pc's on the network.

Sorry if I am confusing issues.

fizl

Prominent Member
Have you set up windows media player on the other PC's the same way? So they can be a media server? On XP its not on by default, don't know if there is anything special with media centre or vista

Shaz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom