Question How do Full Band Capture tuners work?

elsmandino

Hi,

I have recently come across FBC tuners and am pretty fascinated about the flexibility they offer.

Does anyone know how they work?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Same as Sky-Q I imagine they use a lower IF frequency that allows the tuner to cover the whole band without band switching. A Sky-Q lnb or hybrid allows just two cables (one for horizontal polarisation and the other for vertical). Because there are no control signals from tuner to lnb multiple tuners can be used just like terrestrial aerial sources.

elsmandino

I see, so you need both tuners to cover all transponders from a satellite (one for H and one for V)?

The Enigma 2 boxes that I have come across have two inputs and support 8 transponders at any one time. They do, however, allow both tuners to accept a single input - so a unicable octo-lnb can be used with just a single cable.

I was rather hoping that if you added a single LNB to the second tuner, in the above scernario (and aiming at a different satellite), you could still get seven transponders from the first tuner and one from the second.

Based upon what you are saying, I am not now sure that could work.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
I was rather hoping that if you added a single LNB to the second tuner, in the above scenario (and aiming at a different satellite), you could still get seven transponders from the first tuner and one from the second.

Based upon what you are saying, I am not now sure that could work.
you can multi record off a single tp maybe 6 channels at once - that's not the same but it does add more recording options- sideways if you like & you quite often get multiple movies or sports on one tp

You can use motorised on tuner A with a fixed dish on tuner B (ideally the fixed dish being on 28e) (or even 2 motors) - long term that has worked well - well on standard twin tuners

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom