How did you propose?

shahedz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freind of mine is proposing to his girlfriend next week, He is looking for ideas so i thought i would start a thread here.

If you have done it, how did you?

I did it while this was going on in the background.

The present SWMBO was too distracted to say no :D

When my brother proposed to his now fiancee, he was on holiday, took her to a nice spot and had a pocket full of square pieces of paper which each had a letter on from the phrase "Will you marry me?"

Obviously you need to make sure you future wife can read! And it the build up will need to be made special as well - but i thought it was quite original.

There now planning their wedding and are a fantastic couple together. Made up for them! :)

Do it Rocky Balboa style....then if she say's no you can punch her in the face! <this is a joke:lesson:

Rocky: “You know, I was wondering like...what do you think you’re doing for like the next, uh, 40-50 years?"
Adrian: "What do you mean?"
Rocky: "I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind marrying me very much.”
Adrian: "What'cha say?"
Rocky: "If you wouldn't mind marrying me too much?"
Adrian: "Yes. I'd like to marry you."
Rocky: "Yeah?"
Adrian: "Yes."

YouTube - Rocky and Adrian at the Zoo

Obviously you know it's always best to be straight forward with girls. Just spit it out and wait for the answer. Next, you were nervous and stumbled on your words. Girls love it when you're nervous and have sweaty palms. It makes them feel good. Girls also love commitment and you showed you were committed by first asking Adrian what she was doing for the next 40-50 years. So many marriages these days end too quickly so it can be very reassuring for a girl to know you're in it for the long haul.

You used the element of surprise. Do you think Adrian had any idea when she walked into that zoo in the snow, that you were going to propose? No way. Also, snow is always romantic. Girls are always cold, but they love snow and think it's romantic. And it's refreshing to see someone not bring a ring or flowers or kneel on the ground to propose. That stuff is overrated and cliche, like buying your girlfriend/wife flowers and chocolate on Valentine's Day. How obvious.

Marriage proposals are always better with a tiger in the background. Which wild animal would you rather have around? I can't think of one. And to top it off, you announced to the tiger that you were getting married and invited it to the wedding. You just know that people would see the wedding pictures later and say, "Oh, I remember that tiger. He was cool."

You were wearing a jacket with no shirt underneath. Girls love seeing chest hair. Most will tell you, "The more, the better." Obviously you knew this, and used this to your advantage, even though it was winter. Then when Adrian said she would marry you, you promised that you wouldn't leave any hair in the sink. Girls love that kind of stuff. They might love chest hair, but they hate chest hair in the sink. You should always make promises like this before you get married. They'll eat it up in the moment and forget you mentioned it later in life. You can't lose.

Rocky, you may have gotten your head pounded in by Apollo, Mr. T, and Drago, and had only a 9th-grade education, but you're a genius.

we were on captiva island at south seas resort last october, our condo had a veranda overlooking the bayou so at sunset I decided the time was right. A friend of ours that lived in fort myers collects shells so she glued to shells together to make a small box which I put the ring into. Got down on one knee and popped the question, simple but apparently it was very effective :D

Maybe inappropriate for this thread, but here it is anyway - the world's shortest fairytale (sent via text message):

Once upon a time, there was a handsome prince, and he proposed to his beautiful girlfriend. She said no, and the prince lived happily ever after.

I'd do it somewhere she would feel comfortable saying 'no'.

we were on captiva island at south seas resort last october, our condo had a veranda overlooking the bayou so at sunset I decided the time was right. A friend of ours that lived in fort myers collects shells so she glued to shells together to make a small box which I put the ring into. Got down on one knee and popped the question, simple but apparently it was very effective :D

Did the sunset thing too but in the revpolving restaurant in Edmonton Canada, had no intention of proposing but it what so romantic watching the sunset that I couldn't resist.

On a Sunday morning, just woken up with a bit of a hangover: "Well, what do you reckon, shall we get spliced?" I'm the first to admit that I'm not romantic :laugh: We're still happily spliced after 17 years, so I guess we must be well-matched.

I showed her the ring and said "do you want to wear it now or later ?" :D

What about saying "You're my wife now"

:rotfl:

Oh no, you may have ruined my proposal (whenever that may be). I'm not sure I'll be able to resist uttering those words and ruining the moment! Perhaps I should just save it for an equally cheesy moment like the first dance.

I don't know it just happened :confused:

You think I should ask ? :eek:

Maybe punch her in the arm like a 3 year old and say yeah lets get married :cool:

Maybe punch her in the arm like a 3 year old and say yeah lets get married :cool:
:rotfl:

Nah, give her a dutch oven then ask her to marry you. From that moment on every fart is a little reminder of that magical night when you proposed to her :smashin:

I slapped across the face and said 'your my bitch now, innit'

She thanked me.

I txt her saying 'Wife me'

Man propose? Whats all that about!?!?! Make the bitch beg you for it...

Walking down a street in Corfu after buying the engagement ring I think best I propose then (we had seen a ring she liked so we (I) bought it)...... In my most romantic way I say "So will ya".... did not go down very well, I had to do it properly later that evening over a nice dinner.

Not done it myself but if I am lucky enough to find someone I would do it when we were both alone.

I would consider making her a nice dinner with candlelight on a night that has some significant meaning to the both of you and asking her to marry you but dont do nothing corny like putting the ring in food or drink like you hear about.

I wouldnt want her to feel pressured into saying yes due to everyone staring and awaiting a reply in a public place or at a gathering of friends.

Also this is going to sound a little strange but are you willing to share any info on your friend and his girlfriend.

How long have they been together.

Do they like to travel / have always wanted to go somewhere.

What do they do for a living.

I asked my now wife if she wanted to get wed she said yes I gave her a ring and I went and got drunk with the girls from work:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom