How deep should the concrete be?

ukdan

The council has kindly put double yellow lines outside my house leaving us with no parking at all! :mad:
There is some spaces down the street inbetween peoples driveways but only gives you two hours and thats when you can find one not already ocupied. :mad:

So i get a letter a couple of weeks later saying that they are going to do some work on the pavement, and would we like to have a drop kerb installed.
I have decided to go ahead with it.
I just need to know how thick should the concrete be in the front garden to be able to support the weight of my car?

Peridot

Assuming a firm subsoil, the recommendation is 6" of compacted hardcore and 5" of concrete.

ukdan

Cost is a major factor here. PHD8 has cleaned me out of most of my dosh so its either dig by hand or get parking tickets

ukdan

Realy, ive been looking at some swindon tool hire web sites and best i have seen is £155 a day.

ukdan

hire center is £125 1st day then £59 each additional day. I still would rather do it by hand.

Its 4meters X 4.5 meters so between two/three people shouldnt be a problem

Peridot

A number of years ago I helped the old man lay a concrete driveway at our house.

It is one of those painful memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life and one of those jobs that, as far as I am concerned, rests firmly in the 'professionals only' box.

ukdan

Thanks for the offer deanym very kind of you but i mentioned it at work and turns out one of my collegues dad has a digger so job sorted.

John

thatsconvenient said:
The advertiser is protected from spam, their contact details are not on general display.
how ironic

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published