Quantcast

How close do you sit

_Dragon_

When you are watching films, ive got a 65 inch and i sit close to the tv, i sit 6 foot 11, some mates say thats insane far to close, its only two foot out from the minimum viewing distance as some sites say a 8 foot viewing distance.

I agree its to close for sd but for HD 1080p i think its great. and i bought the tv for watching blurays rubbish sd i just cope with.

simonlewis

6ft away from a 55" sometimes closer.

Indiana Jones

I am 7-8ft from my 55" 1080p TV.

Simon F

Distinguished Member
5 to 6 feet from my 65" LED UHD TV.

Couldn't go back to any further or a smaller screen size now.

dawson001

about 4ft away from my 48"

Mark_a

About two paces from a 50" TV and about three paces away from a 96" projection screen when I can be bothered to get the projector out.

logiclee

9ft from 65"

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Around 12ft from a 100" screen here.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
About 9ft from a 50" at present. Probably too far. I get closer for games though.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
About 8 foot away from a 92" projected image.

cooperda

Around 7 feet for general viewing with a 50in TV - but for 4K Netflix shows and Blu-ray movies etc. I move closer - to around 5 feet.

Garrett

2 foot its just like IMAX:laugh:

_Dragon_

5 to 6 feet from my 65" LED UHD TV.

Couldn't go back to any further or a smaller screen size now.
I know what you mean about never going back to a smaller screen, funny enough it was the mrs who wanted to go from a "42"to a "65" the 42 was HD Ready so i would of just been happy with a "42" Full HD

Simon F

Distinguished Member
I know what you mean about never going back to a smaller screen, funny enough it was the mrs who wanted to go from a "42"to a "65" the 42 was HD Ready so i would of just been happy with a "42" Full HD
I had a similar jump, 32" to 65". Already considering an upgrade, 65" OLED or 75" LED. It's a vicious circle! :rotfl:

A lot of what I watch is UHD so the distance becomes important to ensure you're seeing the extra detail.

simonlewis

Are you going OLED ?

_Dragon_

Ive got to say sitting so close does show that most sky HD channels are quite low in quality, best by far is sky news.

alex30

When you are watching films, ive got a 65 inch and i sit close to the tv, i sit 6 foot 11, some mates say thats insane far to close, its only two foot out from the minimum viewing distance as some sites say a 8 foot viewing distance.

I agree its to close for sd but for HD 1080p i think its great. and i bought the tv for watching blurays rubbish sd i just cope with.
I sit 6 feet away from a 65" 4K.
I wish I could get closer but audio considerations prevent it. I would go to 5 feet if it was practical.

_Dragon_

Maybe i should of gone 4k, but at that time i couldn't sit as close as i can now.

Im not saying i would sit closer than 6 foot 11 but when i have pulled up my chair closer i don't see any pixels jumping out, It still seems pretty good. The only thing sitting close like i do is on the films like Jurassic park where you have a lot of grain it can be distracting, It was distracting when i was sitting 9 foot away.

Last edited: