How can you tell if a cable is any good ?

Ja55

Established Member
Reaction score
What should you be looking for when buying a cable if you cannot demo the cable ?

Jas

If its expensive and the shop won't let you home demo then unless they let you loose in their demo room without them "tweaking" things, then I don't see how it can be anything other than a no sale.

John.

What should you be looking for when buying a cable if you cannot demo the cable ?

Jas

Cheap:)
Or you can resell it:)
Sale or Return:)

Depends if you like the sound of Copper, Silver, solid core, strands, plated, etc.. Plenty of cables techno bits to read up on but its really down to what you like the sound of in your system:thumbsup:

I need some cables too hook up my equipment but have no idea what I should be looking for. I flicked through what Hi Fi and went through some of the threads on this forum and realised two things

1. I cant really afford the branded stuff like QED, Chord, Ixos, Van Dam ? etc
2. Price does not always reflect the quality of the cable

So I googled / ebayed for cables and there appear to be several cable producers / retailers selling cables e.g. MySimpleMedia, Clicktronic whose cables are within budget but not reviewed anywhere.

How can I go about choosing between them when they all state gold plated connectors, pure OFC, extra sheilding etc i.e. the specs appear to be the same (in some cases the same as the more expensive branded ones)?

Jas

Hello Jas

Look in the AVForums Power Buys - your likely to find everything you require at pricing on a par with the site you link too.

If you have a list of exactly what you require I'm sure folk will point you towards some low cost options that other AVForums members have tried.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom