• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how can you send money to america?

njdbaxter

Aunt has bought a lot of fisher price imaginext toys at about 1/3 off the price they cost here, mainly the extras for the castle and pirate ship. shops sold out here and on ebay people are asking £12-£15 for what should be £7, they retail at $7 in the US.

She posted today and now I will have to pay her for the items and postage.

anyone ever sent money to someone in American?

only way I know is paypal but wont give exchange rate and charges receiver 4% + fees

Last edited:

alan280170

Distinguished Member
I use a Bank Transfer or AMEX's FX transfer but that is for large amounts, if it is a small amount I'd just post it.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
Bank transfer is the cheapest option..

I disagree on that, bank transfer is one of the safest but not the cheapest by a long shot. I may be wrong but no UK bank will transfer money to an American bank free and the hassle of filling that sh*t form in makes it a much lesser option for me. AMEX fx is my choice now.

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
If the amount isn't huge, why not simply mail it as £10 notes? It will be perfectly safe, and your aunt can change it at any bank or bureau de change. Admittedly, she'd still have to pay a commission charge, but at least there's only one link in the chain and no transfer fees.

===== EDIT =====
Even better, buy the $ over here and post them to her.

Last edited:

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
Add the 4% paypal fees on top, you're already getting a discount!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom