1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you make a fixed screen kiddi-proof?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ROGER THE LODGER, Dec 10, 2001.

1. ROGER THE LODGER

ROGER THE LODGER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,
    Last night was a nightmare. You see,I had this dream that I'd just finished fixing my new Stewart Greyhawk to the wall.I'll just pop into the kitchen I said,to make a cup of tea. Upon returning, shock horror!......the words 'amy loves daddy' in thick felt tip marker pen all over the screen ...Bless.

People protect their prize motors with proper covers, can it be done with fixed screens? or is a motorised version my only hope?

Regards. Roger the Lodger

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    tip-ex

3. pegFACE

pegFACE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "No honey you mus'nt write on daddys £600 paper"

did you get it all off by the way ?

Solutions include bolting the door to the room, coating the screen in touch poison, electrofieing it, mmmm... lol

electric screen does seem the way to go dont it...

4. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roger, I have a four year old who thinks she's Piccasso when she grabs a black marker.
    I had that nightmare many times and even though I have a dedicated room, I still opted for a motorised Tab-Tention Stewart Studiotek 130 instead of the fixed one at 1/3 the price.
    Its just to risky. Go for the motorised screen.

Eric