How can Microsoft improve the XBox 360 for you

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
Like the post at the top: Some way to make it less gay looking. I love the shape and styling but not the colour.

Keyboard and Mouse! I've been a PC gamer for years and this is my first console, not having much luck with GRAW using the pad.

Caching (Spelling?) to the HD or memory. The wait for races to load up in PGR3 is pretty annoying, surely it could start loading to the HD or memory as you are selecting you options?

daniel_owen_uk said:
Divx, Xvid, High Def H264 playback.

Of course that's not gonna happen, but it would be nice.

Would be lovely.

I agree that the console should be made multi-region considering like someone said, you can go and get one for £25 from Asda

Also, does anyone reckon that an update in the future could make the console run quieter or is that a stupid question

lee_c00per said:
Also, does anyone reckon that an update in the future could make the console run quieter or is that a stupid question

It's mostly noisy because it spins the disc so fast. There's obvious problems with slowing that down.

I wish they'd release a patch to fix their last patch.

Basically I want the video/audio stutter fixed, like it was before the update. Its OK sometimes but I notice it more when downloading or if u play a Video trailer and press the guide and just scroll through friends/menu then u hear the audio cut out.

Or maybe my 360's just fecked up since the update, I assume I'm not the only one to notice this problem?

mouse and keyboard support in all games would be absolute perfection PERFECTION ! CHOICE WOULD BE A WONDERFUL THING IN SUCH MATTERS.:thumbsup:

I'd like them to fix the menu bug.

If you view someone's profile, and press B (or X - can't remember) to go back, BEFORE its finished loading the details like gamerscore, location etc, then the menu freezes. The only way is to restart via getting up off my lazy arse and pushing the on/off switch!

Hopefully they will do it in the Autumn update.

get the remote then as its ace for turning of and on and ejecting and as a dvd remote in windows media center ed especialy with transcode and streaming, i use it all the time..:thumbsup:

I hope we never have mouse and keyboard support in games! When lounging on my sofa a gamepad is what I need. I don't want to be sat to a desk playing my xbox 360. I'm usually of the strongest opinion that 'choice is good' but I also love the level playing field of console gaming and offering some users a mouse and keyboard will not be good for this level playing field.

This may be possible and I'm just a dumb ass but I'd like to be able to re-order the music I stream from my PC. On my PC my mp3 file names start with the album track number so are in order, but the Xbox 360 lists them by ID3 track name alphabetically. This only irritates me when listening to Live albums that really need to be played in the order they were performed.

I wish the stupid IR receiver wasn't under the disk tray. Every time I use the remote to open the disk tray, maybe to check what disk is in because the dashboard doesn't tell me, I can't close it again because the disk tray is blocking the IR receiver!!!! :mad:

KevinPedrick said:
I wish the stupid IR receiver wasn't under the disk tray. Every time I use the remote to open the disk tray, maybe to check what disk is in because the dashboard doesn't tell me, I can't close it again because the disk tray is blocking the IR receiver!!!! :mad:

Simple - raise the xbox up a bit and then the signal will get thru for the remote

A web browser would be good, even with the risk of virsuses (ps3 is getting one I believe)

I do wish I could check emails though, kind of like a mail2web.com service.

I would like the VGA cable to work with my Sagem since the last update they screwed it up!

I'd like to see any of the following;
  1. All Xbox 1 games working BC and with VGA support
  2. Removal of the you need to be in PAL 60Hz to run this game, even though I'm running VGA
  3. Once a video has finished it to jump back to the same position in the video list (if you've ever had over 50 video you know what I mean!)
  4. The Live Arcade list to populate quicker, it seems to take an eternity!
  5. The ability to sort videos into your own categories
  6. Multi-region DVD playback (I know we'll never get this direct from MS, but it would be good if someone else could sort it out)

shacky said:
mouse and keyboard support in all games would be absolute perfection PERFECTION ! CHOICE WOULD BE A WONDERFUL THING IN SUCH MATTERS.:thumbsup:
The PS3 has mouse and keyboard support apparently... Go for it :smashin:

Me, I'll stick on my 360 console. On my sofa. Without having to balance a small table on my knee. Choice you give to some reduces it for gamers like me.

I look forward to the new controller MS are working on though, could be good!

I would also like it so that trials of xbox live arcade games do not show up on your gamecard or in your played games list. Demos of retail games do not do it, so why should live arcade games do it?

I would also like

1. Bigger Hard Drives released
2. Price Drop on the WIFI Adapter
3. Launch games to be re-released in the classics range for £20

[

I look forward to the new controller MS are working on though, could be good![/QUOTE]

Munkey What sort of extra features will it have.....I've not heard of a new MS controller coming out!

Some original and fun games would be nice... :thumbsup:

Only had my Xbox a week but my ten-penneth:

Things I really like:
  • Demo Downloads
  • Xbox Live Arcade
  • The graphics - awesome
  • GRAW
  • BF2
  • Media Center Extender is fantastic (with Transcode 360 & HDTV Pump)
Things I reckon could be improved:
  • Make Live free like PS2 online
  • When I want to download a game demo I am not interested in themes and all that crap - move it somewhere else please !
  • Please make the system quieter as my neighbours dont appreciate the volume I need on my surround sound to drown out the noise
  • Make the games a bit cheaper please
  • Allow DivX / XVid natively on the extender

tinners said:
Only had my Xbox a week but my ten-penneth:

Things I really like:
  • Demo Downloads
  • Xbox Live Arcade
  • The graphics - awesome
  • GRAW
  • BF2
  • Media Center Extender is fantastic (with Transcode 360 & HDTV Pump)
Things I reckon could be improved:
  • Make Live free like PS2 online
  • When I want to download a game demo I am not interested in themes and all that crap - move it somewhere else please !
  • Please make the system quieter as my neighbours dont appreciate the volume I need on my surround sound to drown out the noise
  • Make the games a bit cheaper please
  • Allow DivX / XVid natively on the extender

I agree with the noise issue! The problem is even if MS bring out a quieter 360 we're all stuck with our noisy ones :mad:

If that happens i think I'd just go out and buy a 'core system'....... I'm not sure if the newer ones seem to be getting a lot quieter now, it would be interesting to compare...It may be the same as Sky HD some appear to be noisy (fans) whilst others much quieter !! LUCK OF THE DRAW springs to mind!

eternaldark said:
Simple - raise the xbox up a bit and then the signal will get thru for the remote

I realise its easily solved, I usually lean forward and drop the remote almost to floor level, but your solution isn't a way to improve the Xbox 360 is it?

Its a trivial issue and not a deal-breaker, I love my Xbox 360! I'd imagine the majority of horizontally laid consoles sit lower than their user's hand's typical height (i.e. under the telly).

The IR receiver under the disk tray is a design oversight!

As I'm not really interested in the games released so far.

Release an HC edition which is silent, with integrated HD-DVD, HDMI support and an built-in PSU. I won't buy a 360 until then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom