How can I view recorded 3d tv on 2d screen?

johnwmcc

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recorded part of Last night of the Proms using Windows 7 Media Centre, from the BBC HD channel on Freesat. I'd forgotten it was broadcast in 3D.

When I play it back, either on the computer or on my (2D) Sony Bravia KDL40W5810 TV I just get 2 side by side images.

Is there a way to convert it back to 2D? Or at least view it as one 2D video stream?

The TV can play live 3D broadcasts as 2D by pressing a button on the controller (can't remember which but I think it might have been the red one) but none of the buttons do anything on playing back this recorded TV from the computer.

I can view it tomorrow I hope on BBC iPlayer but would like to have a viewable recording too if possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I searched this forum and Googled but can't find anything relevant.

John McC

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the domain name in the link you provide has been ***** out for security.

I tried typing here just the domain name I found, but THAT got **** out too. Let's try again with spaces between the letters!

a i s e e s o f t

I found that by googling for 3d-converter.

If that's not the one, could you reply with just the domain name in some form that doesn't get purged?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Hi John, yes sorry about the link it does not work does it! I did try typing it into this reply but did not work for reasons that you have said. From your browser however type in what I have written in my first reply, but add the word a i s e e s o f t with no spaces. That should do it (hopefully!). The software looks quite goods, it is US but available for download.:) Hopefully that will do the job for you, perhaps you can let me know.

Last edited:
For regular use the price (US$40 approx) would not be a lot to pay, but too much for a one-off.

I did find another free-to-try program Wondersoft Video Converter by googling for '"3D to 2D" video converter' (without the single quotes, but WITH the double quotes, to eliminate lots of 2D to 3D converters which go the other way). But it doesn't work on .wtv files at all. It will work on dvr-ms files, but the Microsoft converter from wtv to dvr-ms won't work on the 3D wtv recording!

So for the moment I'll leave it. In future, I'll know NOT to record the HD channel if it's in 3D, but just the SD BBC One or Two.

Thanks for your help though.

John

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom