How can I... (TV/Headphones query)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Pifko, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Pifko

Pifko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Use my headphones on my TV, which does not have a headphone jack?...

Can anybody tell me (or prefferably point me in the direction of, heh) what to get so I can use my wireless headphones with my TV?

Thanks in advance!

2. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Depending on the tv you may have a choice of using the audio part of a scart cable or if you have the red/white rca output sockets get the sound from them.

These can then be fed into a hi-fi or a headphone amplifier (various price ranges & quality) which does not need to be too high-end for tv listening.

Steve

3. Pifko

Pifko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya, I dont have any RCA output sockets to use, but I do have a spare slot on my 5 scart multiway tap which I can plug a scart adapter into:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13372&doy=#DOY&criteria=#criteria

What do I need to plug into that so I can get stereo output. If I got a cable and plugged it into one of the audio sockets I'd ony get audio in L or R. Are there 2 into 1 cables?

4. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    That adapter should be fine for getting a stereo signal out from a scart socket. You would connect an rca plug to the L and R sockets (adapter set to out of course) and the other end of the cable would go into your hi-fi or a headphone amp. The cable would be either 2 rca plugs on each end ; or 2 rca plugs one end and a 3.5mm stereo jack plug the other end.

If I understand you are expecting to plug your headphones into this adapter I don't think that would give you what you want as the L/R feed is designed to be amped by a hi-fi or av receiver etc.

Using the adapter to connect to your hi-fi would be the quickest test. Or check with your tv specs to make sure the tv scart puts out a stereo signal first before spending on cables, amps etc.