how can i transmit sky hd to second tv?

micks_address

hi folks,

currently have a poor av sender feeding pictures from the sky hd box to the bedroom.. Only watch the one tv at a time so no requirement for multi room. How can i cheaply get the best quality video upstairs? if possible i'd prefer not to run any cables...

cheers,
mick

rentagas

Novice Member
Well there's this

Belkin : FlyWire™

Belkin FlyWire - 1080p/24 HD Video Sender > Maplin)

It would be cheaper to have a second box

this will be available soonish and might work

Sling Media - Connections

but needs component out from the box

when the hauppauge hd pvr works with windows media center it might work with a media extender (eg xbox 360) but this will take a while. However this will still stuggle over a wireless network

If your hd box has component out then use that otherwise you will need a hdmi splitter plus the cable. if you want to send the signal more than 10-15m or so you will need some sort of repeater system. This is not a cheap solution either

Deputy Dawg UK

Novice Member
Without me calling Sky does anyone know the answer to this :-

I have Sky HD downstairs and my Sky plus box (multi room) upstairs...

If I was to purchase a HD box to replace the Skyplus box would i get charged another tenner

Cheers

lloydsmart

Novice Member
If I was to purchase a HD box to replace the Skyplus box would i get charged another tenner
Yes, to receive the HD channels. They call it the "HD Mix".

If you kept your existing Sky+ box and shoved it in another (third) room, that would be yet another tenner, making an increase of £20 overall.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom