1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I tell if my SCART lead is "fully wired"?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by MLS, Apr 19, 2005.

1. MLS

MLS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just bought a Panasonic DMR-E95 DVD/HDD recorder, and have connected it to my TV in RGB mode. I also want to connect my Sky Digibox to the recorder in RGB mode, but I just get a Black screen.

I'm using the VCR SCART socket on the Digibox, with Video Out set to RGB, but as soon as I set AV2 Video In on the recorder to RGB the screen goes black - no picture, just sound.

The cable is a chunky one, not a cheapo, but I'm guessing it isn't fully wired, which is why the RGB signal fails to get through - is there any way to test it? MLS

2. MLS

MLS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Update: I have tested the cable by using it to connect the recorder to the TV, and it works in RGB mode, so the SCART lead isn't the problem. MLS

3. MLS

MLS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    2nd Update: I think I've solved the problem... the Digibox only outputs in RGB from the TV SCART, not the VCR SCART - so I have just swapped them over. In other words, I have connected the 'TV SCART' to my DVD/HDD Recorder (using RGB), and connected the 'VCR SCART' to my AV Amp (using a SCART to 3xphono lead). Counter-intuitive, but it seems to work!

Hope this monologue might be of help to others with the same/similar problems. MLS