• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

How can i stream lovefilm and route audio to Pioneer SC-LX81 amp?

webless

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

I have a new (to me) Pioneer SC-LX81 amp and a new Sony KDL40NX803 TV.

The TV has network capability, including options for Lovefilm, of which I am a member.

I can watch trailers and films through the streaming service but the sound of course is coming from the TV and not the amp. Same goes for YouTube and other services on the TV.

I'd like to know if its possible to get the sound back via the HDMI cable, from the TV and out though the Amp.

Is this possible or am i dreaming?

Thanks

Steve

mentm

Your receiver doesn't support hdmi audio return so no it isn't possible, in reality you better off just using a optical cable anyhow.

webless

Standard Member
ok thanks, i will try that as have a spare optical cable. I read in the amp manual somethinig about HDMI control function and thought it may be something to do with that, but perhaps not.

mentm

Yes your tv has hdmi audio return and hdmi control, your receiver doesn't but that is how it can be done.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom