How can I set MCE to 50Hz using Powerstrip? Is this my only choice?

pomegran

Hi,

Got MCE set-up and want to run it via component to my Panasonic TH37PV500. My main reason for using MCE is for Freeview, which, needs to be run at 50Hz. So, how do I go about setting this? Do I need to use Powerstrip (as it isn't an option on the graphics card automatically). I am using a 775Twins motherboard with on-board ATI.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

WheresMyArtisan

I've got 50Hz without powerstrip, using the advanced options in the driver for my NVidia card.

I previously had an ATI card, but the driver didn't seem to be able to do 50Hz from what I remember. However, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Freeview is actually 25 frames/sec. If you can set 75Hz then this is as good as 50Hz. You're then displaying each frame 3 times instead of two. I switched from the default 60Hz to 75Hz and all the jitter on camera pans went away.

You do also need to fiddle with something in the registry to stop MCE over-riding your refresh rate with 60Hz when it's full-screen (bloomin yanks). I found it on the forums here somewhere.

pomegran

Interesting. By default, I cannot switch to 50Hz but you can with Powerstrip, but it is a pain!

I will try the 75Hz switch ... it's whether my TV can do that is the question.

Thanks
Mark

Sandman

Distinguished Member
you will also need to do the registry hack, as soon as media center start is will switch to the default of 60 mhz for full screen viewing. Do a search and you will find out how.

boez

Sandman said:
you will also need to do the registry hack, as soon as media center start is will switch to the default of 60 mhz for full screen viewing. Do a search and you will find out how.

This is true but if you use powerstrip to set 50Hz then MCE will not switch it back to 60Hz even in full screen and without the registry hack.

HTH
Boez

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom