How can I repair a bad connection on the actual LCD panel. Funai LCD-B3206 32" tv?

ProDave

Novice Member
I've just bought the above 32" LCD tv as faulty from ebay. The fault was 3 vertical lines down the screen.

I've found the fault as a bad connection right inside part of the display panel. I've probably dismantled it further than intended.

After removing the chassis and the back metal cover of the display panel, it reveals the connections to the panel. There is a thin PCB running along the top of the panel, from there about 6 flat gold plated ribbon cables connect to the panel.

One of these ribbon cables has a bad connection. If I press down on it the fault clears.

I've made a temporary "repair" by inserting a foam pad between this interconnection and the metal casing of the panel so it presses down on the interconnection and it's now working fine.

The question is how to make a proper and permanent repair. As far as I can see the ribbon cables must just be glued down as I can't see any other means of them being secured in place.

Any advice please.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom