how can i reorder my dvd recordings?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Halloween Jack, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got a pana e85 that i've been recording episodes of the simpsons on. i've also got a pioneer 108 on my pc that i thought i'd be able to reorder things with. for instance, i'm collecting the ep.s randomly and when i have all in a series i wanted to bring them in and reorder them onto new disks. if i open the dvds on the pc i get a folder with 3x9 files (BUP, IFO, & VOB) but how can i see these things clearly and perhaps retitle etc?

thx

2. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    TMPGEnc's DVD Author 1.6 will do what your looking for - Re-order your Simpons episodes, you can edit out the adverts and create a reasonable DVD menu. I used it to do a Simpsons compilation for my boy and it works a treat !

Its available as a trial download so you can try it before you buy (around $80 = £40 I think).

Do a search on these forums to find out more and Razcak has written a great sticky explaining how to convert Ram to -R which includes details on using TMPGEnc's DVD Author.

3. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx, but for the amount of times i'll do it i don't think it's worth paying. i'll keep trying for freeware. but thx anyway.

cheers

4. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    DVD Shrink will allow you to compile a new disc with titles taken from other separate discs. It's freeware...

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    ...or you could always just store the episodes on DVD-RAM until you have the ones you want to archive to a specific DVD-R.

6. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dvd ram? wouldn't that mean i'd have to bounce off of the panasonics hdd? sounds more work.

ideally i'd just like to drag in titles to a temp folder, retitle and reorder them then bump them off to a new dvd. nothing too elaberate. that's why i was hoping for something free.

i have dvd shrink but the titles simply come up as title 1,2 etc. can i retitle these or reorder them? also i'm sure how to take just a few from various dvds to then stick on a new one. is it easy?

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,560
    Yes - but the total work effort is about 30 seconds. It's only a suggestion but that is the benefit of having re-writeable media in a HDD/DVDR.