• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How can i improve a SD picture?

stuart w

Established Member
Hello

Has anyone got any advice on how to improve sd picture quality?

Have started by ordering dve but am thinking about cables now is there any particular make recommended for a scart? Have tried a monster scart before but didn't notice any vast improvement.

Using Humax 9200t to a Samsung - R88 32inch (CMO panel)

A

Analogue

Hello

Has anyone got any advice on how to improve sd picture quality?

Have started by ordering dve but am thinking about cables now is there any particular make recommended for a scart? Have tried a monster scart before but didn't notice any vast improvement.

Using Humax 9200t to a Samsung - R88 32inch (CMO panel)

Every sympathy with your predicament as it is lack of confidence in this area that puts me off from buying LCD (and even Plasma!)

Surely the Humax has component (not composite!) out? In the absence of HDMI this must be better than RGB Scart.

IMHO for most users the price you pay for a scart is irrelevant - what matters is that it plugs fully in and STAYS THERE! In this respect I have had no troubles (with a CRT) with supermarket £1.99 scarts but have previously been charged 5x more for rubbish!

stuart w

Established Member
Is composite better then scart? I always thought quality went in order of composite - scart - hdmi.

Believe i have a monster cable composite to scart in the cupboard ill give it a whirl

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom