How Can I Help Others?

PC1975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After seeing on the news that many elderly or vulnerable people are struggling to get deliveries of food I wondered if anyone can offer advice as to how to go about getting involved in helping others. Are there any official organisations that can be contacted such as local authorities etc?

Not a social media user so can't comment on that avenue .....

Check your local library (if it survided the cuts) there is usually a community notice board or ask the librarian. Charity shops might know as well as the volunteer staff are usually local. Churches too .....

Came across these earlier. On the pure evil of social media :rolleyes:

A lot of good to be found if you actually know how to use it.

Hi,

After seeing on the news that many elderly or vulnerable people are struggling to get deliveries of food I wondered if anyone can offer advice as to how to go about getting involved in helping others. Are there any official organisations that can be contacted such as local authorities etc?
Our neighbourhood watch team commenced the coordination. Then teamed up with the parish and we now cover several villages. And have combined the registers of “vulnerable” people and volunteers. We also keep a record of who has basic vetting or above. That would be my first point, your neighbourhood watch team.

Our neighbourhood watch team commenced the coordination. Then teamed up with the parish and we now cover several villages. And have combined the registers of “vulnerable” people and volunteers. We also keep a record of who has basic vetting or above. That would be my first point, your neighbourhood watch team.
We don't really have anything like neighbourhood watch teams in the UK.

Well considering I live in the U.K. I respectfully disagree ;)
Jesus. Yes mate, I know. I've seen the stickers in windows for decades. For some reason I automatically thought of US style security guard type watch schemes like the Ben Stiller movie.

I'll put it down to a hard shift at work. Thanks for the advice.

Jesus. Yes mate, I know. I've seen the stickers in windows for decades. For some reason I automatically thought of US style security guard type watch schemes like the Ben Stiller movie.

I'll put it down to a hard shift at work. Thanks for the advice.
Hahaha nothing like it. In our area mainly elderly people who make Dads Army look professional 😂

but a good community and supported by our MP and the police etc. Sadly not many of the younger ones like myself seem to be active 🤔 within it.

Hi,

Hi,
I am a volunteer driver for a Hospice but as from Yesterday the Hospice has gone in to a virtual "Lockdown". We have no idea when our services will again be required. Being a volunteer is difficult at the moment. Due to restrictions with Covid 19 I think you will find it very difficult to get a volunteering position. I know this is not the news you wanted to hear but keep looking, maybe something will pop up for you. Being a volunteer is very rewarding as many thousands of volunteers can testify.

As a lorry driver I'd like to say you can all help us by stopping buying ten times the amount of stuff you need. The government have announced a relaxation of the EU drivers hours rules for those transporting food/groceries both to stores, distribution centres and from suppliers so we can now do seven fifteen hour shifts between weekly rest periods. That's right, we can now work 105hrs a week because of panic buying. Great.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom