• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question How can I hear both Bluetooth headphone and TV/soundbar?

ddimatteo

Novice Member
I have a Sony AG9 77" TV with a Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar. I'm trying to hook up my Sony WH1000XMA headphones so that I can hear BOTH soundbar and headphones. When I pair either the AG9 TV or the soundbar, the headphones pair but do not allow both to work. What's the fix?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There is no fix.
The Bluetooth version in the TV won't support multipoint connections and, if you did manage it by some other method chances are they would be out of sync.

Last edited:

Grodi

Novice Member
Hi, can I get some clarification around this? Are you saying that connecting the Soundbar and the Headphones via Bluetooth only one device will work.. I would understand this. Or are you saying that the TV will not output sound to ANY output other than Bluetooth once its connected to a Bluetooth device?

I am interested in setting up my parents with a set of WH1000M3 for Dad, and a soundbase via HDMI so Mum can hear the audio as well.

Many Thanks in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Check the audio out settings on whatever model of TV you have but I doubt it will output audio via HDMI and Bluetooth simultaneously.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom