How can I get SKY+, SKY won't let me??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by DJT75, May 9, 2005.

1. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,509
    I'm a SKY customer & have been for many years. I would love to upgrade to SKY+ (even if they are ripping us off on fees v New customers), however SKY won't let me.

As you probably know, SKY's contract insists you have the box connection to a telephone landline for a minimum of 12 months. I have NTL broadband & an O2 mobile - I therefore have no need for a landline & thus don't have one. (When SKY initially installed at my house I did have & so there wasn't a problem).

SKY won't sell me SKY+ without one, external suppliers won't sell me SKY+ without one & so I'm stranded!

Any idea how I can upgrade to SKY+ without paying £140 for a minimum 12 months line rental just for the sake of it???? Please help, very frustrated!

cheers

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky only insist on a phone connection if you are buying a box at a subsidised price. If you buy one at the full price, that restriction only applies if you want Sky multi-room with 2 Sky boxes.

Take a look at Ebay and look at the adverts on this site - there are companies selling unsubsidised Sky+ boxes.

3. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    You can buy a box from Simply Digital for ~ £150.

4. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,509
    But buying a box still means I need to buy the receiver part for the dish, cables & then pay for installation - it'll cost more than just getting a landline. I'm not a technical person so would like a straight forward SKY installation but can't find a way around these rules....

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well get a sky+ box and next time you see a Sky man in you area offer him £notes to jimmy up the ladder and fit you a Quad LNB and some coax (its not very hard to do, sky installers do it) then you have to ring ?Sky migrate the box and ask them to add plus