How can I get my controller exchanged?

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I have had my PS3 since Christmas when I bought it online from John Lewis.

Everything is fine, but I have a minor niggle with the controller.. There is a bit of resistance in the left thumb stick.. Its especially notice when it passes through the centre position.. This makes it hard (if not impossible) to do 'fine' movements and is making Call Of Duty especially hard.

Whats the best way of getting this sorted? Obviously the 'correct' way to sort this out is to get the whole PS3 swapped out by John Lewis, but this is a massive overkill?

Can I contact Sony direct? Are they able to sort out something like this? Since I am currently using my PS3 every day, I dont' really want to be without the controller for a long time....

Does anyone know the best way of getting this sorted?

Jon

Big

Go back to John Lewis and ask for the controller to be exchanged. They are normally excellent when it comes to customer service.

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
The only problem is that i bought it 'online', so I am not sure if a store will be in a position to help.. Plus, the nearerst John Lewis is 50 miles away.

I just wondered if Sony would be able to help. I have found a number for them, so will give them a call today?

Jon

trip

Worth calling Sony and John Lewis about it, or both, I'd guess. Perhaps something about it in the PS3 documentation?

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
PS Careline - 08705998877. They should swap it over.

Been trying to call them all day.. i get the recorded message, then music on hold.. Then a message to say that they are busy and finally I get cut off!!

I will keep trying!

Jon

oska

I'd keep trying, whenever I've rung I've got through before. I would imagine they've got hardly anyone in today. Our office is dead.

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I tried their 'chat' function and did get through to someone. he said to call the customer care line..

I said that it keeps hanging up on me and he said that they are REALLY busy... But since they open until 10pm, its worth trying later in the evening when it should be quieter.

I am giving up for now.. Will try this evening!

Jon

Bogside

I finally got through. I had a problem with the unit itself but unfortunately in order to get an exchange I needed the serial number from the unit. But because I was at work and my PS3 was at home I didn't have it. Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone else is thinking of ringing.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom